Tuesday, March 1, 2011

1 Year Later

Well it is obvious that I have little time or better things to do than to comment on this blog as evidenced by my lack of posts. I am going to try and change that. Right now we are in the midst of the Repro/Endocrine block and winding down our 2nd year. It has gone really, really fast for me. The scary part is that Step 1 is coming up quickly and will be upon me before I know it. I've tried to adopt a new study strategy to try and get my STEP studying in each day. I skip class since all the lectures are up on the internet anyway and instead take that time to review and study material for STEP.

Since lectures are recorded I just download them in the evening, listen to them at 2x to make sure there was not anything extra that the lecturer added in and then go through my notes the rest of the evening. So far it seems to have been working well and I feel like I am getting caught up on everything. Prior to this I would waste the morning trying to muddle through a lecture on my own before the recording was available. It seemed like I was doing more internet surfing than studying, but it was better than actually attending class. I just have no capacity to sit in a seat for 3+ hours and listen to someone uh, mmmm, well uh through a lecture. Every now and then you get a lecturer who is engaging or the material is quite interesting and presented well, but that is perfect storm phenomena these days. Thank goodness it is almost over.

I just got a Nook Color and it have it running Android FROYO right now. I'll post more about how that has helped with studying and STEP on my next post. Till then.........